Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Greatest Joy of My Life -- by Josh

Nine years ago, next week, I sat entranced by the most incredible woman I'd ever met. She impressed me in every possible way and I had fallen crazy in love with her.
I knew at that moment something I'd been long suspecting: if this girl were willing and ready, we could form a truly beautiful life together. Thank God, a few minutes later she told me that, yes, she would be my wife.
I have learned and experienced so much since then, most of it thanks to her. I've been shown what it looks like to be unconditionally loving, to be assertive yet peaceful, to strive for continual excellence, to selflessly serve even when exhausted, to imagine new designs of art and thought, to finish what is started, to pray and feel on a whole new level of intensity, to belly laugh at life's mishaps.
I got to witness all of this, thanks to her compassionate reply of, "Sure."
I cherish every moment that I am gifted to spend with this woman, but more than that I am grateful for the two little miracles she has brought into our life. They are so fortunate to have her to watch and learn from.
She still makes fun of the way I proposed, but hey, the results speak for themselves. Whatever I said worked, and I thank my lucky stars every day that I have her by my side and that she still hasn't tried to get away. I love you, dream woman, more than all the PBJs in the world, combined.
 

2 comments:

  1. That's nice of you to call Michael and I little miracles, but don't forget about your children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you are so lucky to have me to look up to, Lambchop. "Watch and learn:" He might dig up ridiculous photos of you too. Consider yourself warned.

      Delete