Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Your hair smells great! What flavor is it?

I'm preparing, for the first time in my life, to get a job from a total stranger. My palms sweat at the thought of it. I've always had some kind of connection, someone who knows someone. Not here. Not yet, anyway. As I prepare to meet potential employers, this Oregonian is terrified knowing how important looks are in this country (and pretty much everywhere except the Northwest, home to the most public-pajama-wearing people you'll ever know). In preparation, I went to a tienda to find some shampoo (nope, haven't properly washed my hair since Oregon) and hair product that may tame this wild ball of frizz atop my head. Perhaps I can give myself a fighting chance. Trying new things every day!

Some of these were too good to pass up and I had to share them with you. Drum roll, please...
 A variety of sizes were offered, including hair gel for giants.
 Carrot conditioner is curious.
 Chocolate shampoo for those who are both premenstrual and like to chew on their hair.
Fewer calories than actual chocolate bars!

 Looking for loneliness? Try our garlic lotion and shampoo! 
You'll be alone every Saturday, guaranteed!

And, my personal favorite...

Snail drool.
I got nothin'.

I went with avocado. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Too funny!! Good luck with the interview, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I'm a bit offended. I've used snail drool-- the real thing, not this knock off you post about-- for years, and I swear by it. I used to be a 5'5" redhead, but now, today, after using snail drool, I am a 5'11" chocolate haired zowie. Zowie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps the garlic lotion and shampoo could be used as mosquito repellant. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete